Before you start
- You will need an iOS or Android device (or a device with an operating system that supports running Android applications). Please contact the network team if you don’t have either of these available.
- On your computer, go to https://aka.ms/MFASetup
- If you are not already signed in, log in with your college credentials
- Select Next to proceed with registering for MFA
Fig.1 – More information required
- On your mobile device, navigate to your device’s application marketplace. Search for and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Once the Microsoft Authenticator app is installed on your mobile device, the App will ask if you want to be sent notifications. Click Allow.
- In the App select “+” or Add account option. Then select “Work or school account”. If you do not see “Work or school account” close your App and reopen it. You should then see the option.
- Now return to your computer, to the “Set up your account” dialog box, and select Next to proceed
Fig.2 – Download Microsoft Authenticator screen
- On your mobile device, select Scan QR code to open the camera
- When the camera is ready, on your computer select Next
Fig.3 – Set up your account screen
- With your mobile device, scan the QR code and select Confirm (scan the QR code on your screen, not the one shown below)
Fig.4 – Scan the QR code
- On your mobile device, when prompted, select Approve to link your account to your Microsoft Authenticator app
Fig.5 – Approve the notification we’re sending to your app
- Your account and your Microsoft Authenticator app are now linked. On your computer, select Next to complete registration.
Fig.6 – Notification approved
- Select Done to complete the MFA registration
Fig.7 – Success screen
- Congratulations, your account is now registered for MFA.
Logging into Email, Teams, or Microsoft 365 with MFA enabled
You will now have MFA enabled and your Microsoft Authenticator App set as your default method of authentication.
This means when you log in to email, or Teams, on a device, you will be prompted to sign in with your password and also verify your log in through your Authenticator App:
- You will be prompted for your password.
2. You will be prompted to verify the log in using your Microsoft Authenticator App:
3. If you have notifications enabled for the Authenticator app, a popup will appear on your phone to allow you to “Approve” your sign-in.
If you do not have notifications enabled or have no signal or Internet connection on your phone, you can still complete a logon to Microsoft 365 by
entering the 6-digit verification code displyed in the Authenticator app.
This code changes every 30 seconds so be sure to enter the code while it is still displayed in the app: