Kendal College provides safe access to the internet and digital technology to help students learn and achieve. Just as learners need to stay safe in the real world, learners need to be safe in the digital world.
There are a few important rules when it comes to choosing and changing your passwords.
- Change your password often
- Use different passwords for different services
- Use a strong password* If you find strong passwords difficult to remember, you could always make it up from the first letters of a phrase, for example TBONTBTITQ (To Be Or Not To Be That is The Question) and then substitute numbers and symbols for the letters, e.g. zero for O, one for l or i, 4 for H, + for T, ( for C and so on.
- Writing it down
- Ever tell anyone else what it is
- Email it anywhere. If your email gets hacked, not only can they read your emails, they can now access other online resources in your name.
Find out how strong your password is here:
Tips on creating a strong password:
For tips about how to create passwords that are easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
Are you e-safe? 4 C’s of Online Safety